Get into the holiday spirit with this simple and festive project! I’m going to show you How To Fold & Make A Christmas Tree Napkin With Free Christmas Tree Napkin Pattern! How cute is this! I have been looking for ways to add some flair to my holiday decor. I have lots of Christmas napkins, but I wanted something a little more unique. This fun Christmas tree napkin project is perfect and looks great. When guests come over they always ask me where I got these. I love telling them I made them and that I can show them how! One of my favorite parts of sewing is creating new items for myself and my home for less. This is a perfect Christmas sewing project, thay anyone can sew. Why pay in-store prices when you can make these chic, trendy napkins yourself? I used several different patterns and colors of fabric for my napkins because that is the look I was going for on my table. You can do the same by making all of yours out of the same fabric for a matched set. I will be making some extras of these to give away as cute housewarming gifts this year. This is a super simple sewing project great for those just starting out in sewing as well as those with more advanced skills.
You can add this cute Christmas Table Runner for your next holiday party and go all out! You’ll only need a few supplies for project. You’ll need some Christmas print fabric. I picked out several different ones I liked. You’ll also need some matching thread, some clips, a sewing machine, and some other basics like a pencil, scissors and pins or clips. I highly recommend using a rotary cutter and cutting mat to cut out this pattern as it makes it really simple to cut the curve. Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- ½ yard cotton in one Christmas print fabric
- ½ yard cotton in a second Christmas print fabric
- Foldable Christmas Napkin Pattern
- Iron or heat press
- Thread Clippers
- Sewing Clips
- Measuring tape
- Rotary Cutter, Cutting Mat, & Ruler
- Sewing Machine
How To Fold & Make A Christmas Tree Napkin With Free Christmas Tree Napkin Pattern
The first step on this Christmas tree napkin sewing tutorial is to wash, dry, and iron your fabric. I only do this on projects I am going to wash a lot. Since these napkins will definitely get washing, this preshrinking step will help my stitches not pull out later. Once you have done that you’ll need to print, cut, and tape your Foldable Christmas Napkin pattern pieces together.
Place your pattern on the Christmas print fabric and pin it in place. Use it to cut out two fabric pieces. I used two different patterns for mine, a red and a green.
Next on this DIY Christmas tree napkin tutorial, we will start putting it together. With the right sides together, pin or clip the 2 pieces together.
Now, it’s time to sew! Head over to your sewing machine and using a ½” seam allowance, sew the pieces together. Make sure you leave a 3”-4” gap for turning the napkin in a later step.
Clip the corners and rounded corners so that the fabric won’t bunch up quite as much when you are turning it right side out.
Turn right side out and press with a warm iron. Use a pencil or a chopstick if needed to push out the corners.
Topstitch ¼” on the right side of the fabric, on either side of the two seams.
Now I will show you how to fold this napkin into a Christmas tree! You are going to fold your napkin like you/your kids would fold a paper fan. Your triangles are going to be a scalene, which means none of the sides match…as you continue to fold your napkin, the triangles will get bigger.
Using the FOLDLINES page in the pattern as a guide, fold your napkin as follows:
Moving from right to left, fold the fabric over approximately 3 ¼” to make the first triangle
Next, you will fold the fabric under approximately 3 ¾“ to make the second triangle.
Next, you will fold the fabric under approximately 4“ to make the third triangle.
For the last step in this Christmas Tree Napkin tutorial, you will fold the fabric under approximately 4 ¾” to make the fourth and final triangle.
And that’s it! Now you know how to fold and make a Christmas Tree Napkin! We hope you enjoyed this fun sewing tutorial.
If you liked learning how to fold & make a christmas tree napkin with free christmas tree napkin pattern, make sure to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board or share it with friends on social media. If you decide to make this simple project on your own, be certain that you take a picture afterward and tag us on social media as we love seeing the fabrics and color choices that people use!
- Print, cut and tape your Foldable Christmas Napkin PDFs together.
- Place your pattern on the first Christmas print fabric, pin and cut. Repeat for the second Christmas print fabric.
- With right sides together, pin or clip the 2 pieces together.
- Using a ½” seam allowance, sew the pieces together, leaving a 3”-4” gap for turning.
- Clip the corners and rounded corners. Turn right side out and press with a warm iron.
- Topstitch ¼” on the right side of the fabric, on either side of the two seams.
- You are going to fold your napkin like you/your kids would fold a paper fan. Your triangles are going to be a scalene, which means none of the sides match…as you continue to fold your napkin, the triangles will get bigger.
- Moving from left to right, fold the fabric over approximately 3 ¼” to make the first triangle
- Next, you will fold the fabric under approximately 3 ¾“ to make the second triangle.
- Now, you will fold the fabric under approximately 4“ to make the third triangle.
- Finally, you will fold the fabric under approximately 4 ¾” to make the fourth and last triangle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
100PCS Sewing Clips for Quilting, Multipurpose Sewing Clips Clamps,Accessories Colors Wonder Clips,Perfect for Sew Binding,Crafts,Paper Work and Hanging Little Things
Fiskars Crafts 95237097J Rotary Sewing Cutting Set (3 Piece), Grey
LIVINGO Premium Tailor Scissors Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Titanium Coating Forged Stainless Steel Sewing Fabric Leather Dressmaking Softgrip Shears Professional Crafting (9.5 INCH)